Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Museums, monuments, and musicals (oh my!)

My goal of exploring Moscow this final month was definitely not in vain!

I found out about a science exhibit online, and this past Saturday some of my friends and I decided to check it out.  Some of the group had planned on visiting the Cosmonaut Museum, so we began our day there, but since it was the 50th anniversary of the Russian space landing the line to get in was really long and we ended up just looking at the surrounding monuments.

Russian space landing monument

Markus and I at the base of the monument. I'm in there, I promise!

Afterwards, we headed to the space museum. Finding it was quite an adventure...I have come to find out that even if you think you know where you're going, you should still bring a map.  Things never look the same in real life as they do on google maps.  The wandering ended up being a lot of fun, though. We found a photography exhibit of Russian photos c. 1970-1990, and also found a really cool park (that I plan to go back to!).  We eventually made it to the science exhibit, and it ended up being in an area that had a lot of art exhibits.  It turned out to be a really fun day :)

one of the galleries

something robotic and science-y


Monday, about half of us went to see a production of Seussical the Musical. Also a lot of fun! I loveeeee theater, so it was cool to see a Russian take on a musical I've seen before in the states.

As for my math classes, they're going well also.  Not as exciting (or friendly) as Moscow, so I'll spare you from the gory details. 



No comments:

Post a Comment